Re: [tor-talk] Police was here - whats next?

Hey Folkert,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 14:55, Folkert van Heusden
<folkert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > All you, the exit relay operator, have to prove is that you were a valid
>> > exit relay at the time in question, and that your exit could have been
>> > used for the suspected crime.
>>
>> In the recent case against morphium in Dresden/Germany, a letter from
>> the ISP that basically said "Yes, the server might have been used as a
>> Tor exit at the time" was good enough. They didn't even ask for further
>> proof.
>
> Any details known for the netherlands?
> As I've heard a couple of cases of tor exit nodes being raided and
> never returned (not even after 3 years).

I was one of the exit nodes being raided in NL, and got my stuff back
after 2.5 years, after finally being able to explain face to face how
Tor works. Took a bunch of envelopes to explain the onion rings, but
it worked :)

--
Simple guidelines to happiness:
Work like you don't need the money,