Re: [tor-talk] Basic questions from new user but...

On Wed, 9 May 2012 17:56:34 -0600
Elena Johnson <mmaioyp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1) Can I ANONYMOUSLY allow scripts for hotmail, gmail and yahoo mail
> using Tor browser?

The answer is here,
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

> 3) Can I ANONYMOUSLY load "external content" using an "external
> application"? Does the answer depend on THE SITE I am browsing, the
> particulars of the "external application" needed, and the specific
> "external content"?

Generally, choose "save as" instead of automatically opening content.
It's easy for lots of applications to bypass the proxy settings in the
browser, the operating system, and in some cases, the network.

See item d. in
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en#warning

--
Andrew