Re: [tor-talk] Evercookies / supercookies tracking & No Script whitelisting tracking sites

Thus spake Joe Btfsplk (joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx):

> How, pray tell, does clicking New Identity remove evercookies from
> 12 - 15 possible locations?  The cache isn't the only place
> evercookies can be stored.  How does it remove ANY cookies at all?
> Does that necessarily clear LSOs, clear different locations HTML5
> data can be stored - like delete webappstore.sqlite - (even if
> you've not viewed HTML5 media, the cookies can still be place
> there), or all other known locations evercookies can be placed (so
> far)?  I never heard or read that feature when using New Identity.
> Was I absent that day or were we waiting for just the right time for
> a big announcement?

Oh, sorry, you did ask how. Well:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torbutton.git/blob/master:/src/chrome/content/torbutton.js#l1387

For the other stuff, I refer you to about a half dozen blog posts on the
topic, several tor-talk posts, and probably a few dozen mailinglist
threads, may of which you yourself participated in.

--
Mike Perry