Re: [tor-talk] Tragedy of the commons.

To be clear, it was my choice.  Linode received an abuse complaint, so I
could either shut down the relay or have my account nuked.

I chose to shut down the relay.

-Chris

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/24/2013 12:39 PM, Chris Patti wrote:
>
>> I just had to shut my relay down because someone was using it to hijack
>> someone else's Gmail account :\
>>
>> Dunno how I could get around this other than by blocking port 80, which is
>> kind of the point :)
>>
>>  How exactly does their hijacking attempt implicate your relay?  At
> least, to shut it down entirely?  I'm just asking.
>
> If they used any other anonymous proxy, the hijacker's activities are his
> own - yes / no ?  I'm sure people hijack gmail accts all the time w/o using
> Tor.

Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@xxxxxxxxx | AIM:
chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
"Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter,
Pixar