Re: [tor-talk] âTor and HTTPSâ: visualization of information leaks

harmony:
> harmony:
> > Lunar:
> >> harmony:
> >>
> >> Took me a while, but now rasterized versions are properly rendered as
> >> well:
> >> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-0.png
> >> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-1.png
> >> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-2.png
> >> https://people.torproject.org/~lunar/tor-and-https/ar/tor-and-https-3.png
> >>
> >> Hope the new Arabic font (Amiri) is still readable.
> >
> > Hmm, to my mind it is less readable at that size than the first
> > version, and these images seem to have trouble with some ligatures
> > like lam-mim in the middle of the first part of the word for
> > 'password' (the word for 'connection' also looks weird for some less
> > obvious reason).
>
> The interactive SVG is also now broken for me in Tor Browser (the Arabic
> letters do not connect up). In Firefox it looks fine, and the font is
> not affected by the same ligature problems as the PNG images; could
> still do with being a bit larger though, if it'll fit.

Localization is so much fun. So PhantomJS 1.9.0 does not properly
display Arabic without a webfont. And Firefox 24 does not properly
display Arabic with a webfont. *grin* (Firefox 29 is fixed though.)

The SVG should now use the default âsans-serifâ font and be ok. The PNG
are still using Amiri and do not look too awful at first sight.

I believe the translation for ISP to be too long. Is there any shorter
string that could convey the meaning?

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>