Re: [tor-talk] Meeting Snowden in Princeton

On Sun, May 03, 2015 at 12:36:05AM -0400, Mansour Moufid wrote:
> "gpg ciphertexts with RSA 1024 were returned as fails"
>
> http://cr.yp.to/factorization/batchnfs-20141109.pdf

That's an interesting paper (I wasn't aware of it and I like their
approach; thanks for sharing) but I don't think its conclusions
contractict that quote from Ross Anderson's blog post. That merely
states that the NSA doesn't have a very fast way to break RSA-1024.

It is well possible that they are using an approach similar to the one
Bernstein and Lange describe to crack the RSA-1024 private keys of
prime targets.

Martijn.