Re: [tor-talk] Orbot: Over 20 Million Served, Ready for the Next Billion

On Wed, May 16, 2018, at 8:13 AM, Lara wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2018, at 11:53, Nathan Freitas wrote:
> > Since we release Orbot roughly 8 years ago, it has been installed
> > more than 20 million times, by people from hundreds of different
> > countries and walks of life. Even better, we have cross the 2 million
> > active user mark, with growing adoption in many “mobile first” parts
> > of the world.
>
> Congratulations!
>
> But see the thread about EFF's reaction to the PGP related issues, be
> sure that people do not confound popularity with safety.
> --

Agreed. It is good to celebrate milestones to ensure we keep our energy and optimism up. Most of the time, however, we keep our heads down, and focus on quality. I have been actively maintaining Orbot for 9 years, so keep hope alive!