Re: [tor-talk] Post Quantum Tor

S7r I generally agree with you there. There is no evidence that it has been
broken. Thus we can only go by what these agencies are saying or hinting
about their capabilities. I certainly don't think that in this case it is
required and must negotiate with post quantum cryptography, only that as a
feature a client may require that for all of their tunnels unless it is
found to be flawed.

We know that ecdsa is weak against a quantum computer, as well as rsa. The
only evidence I can provide is publicly available:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/nsa-will-not-use-quantum-computers-to-crack-bitcoin-antonopoulos

The NSA stating they could break crypto with their current tools
(specifically the weak ecdsa used for wallets) and that they won't and use
the tools for "other things" which immediately makes me think of Tor.

The only other evidence I can submit as a need to upgrade encryption in
general is the government issued that they will no longer use key lengths
below 3k rsa, and require at least 4096 for top secret information.