Re: [tor-talk] displaying Tor streams

May 15, 2019, 2:50 AM by damiengray@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

I naively expected to see streams in both HS_CLIENT... and HS_SERVICE... circuits. But after reading https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/control-spec.txt <https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/control-spec.txt> more carefully, I believe that I understand. As Tor documentation defines "streams", only HS_CLIENT_REND circuits carry them. HS_SERVICE_REND circuits must also be handling TCP streams, because Tor is forwarding them to onion-service apps. However, Tor documentation doesn't refer to that cell traffic as "streams". Basically, traffic on all circuits except HS_CLIENT_REND is just referred to as "cells".