Re: [tor-talk] Where is 32bit linux tor?

    > On Wed, 22 May 2019, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm at the tor web-site https://www.torproject.org/, but find no
    >> link to download a 32bit linux tor-browser. The download link
    >> gives 64bit only. I have to select "Download in another language
    >> or platform" in order *eventually* to find the 32bit version --
    >> something I did out of desperation. I hate to say this but 32bit
    >> machines are going to be around for a bit longer. Why therefore
    >> is the default 64bit? There should not be any defaults; all
    >> versions should be clearly and *equally* accessible from *one*
    >> page called `Download'. Pretty revolutionary, eh?

    > 32bits downloads is still available and not difficult to find, so

Yes they are available but you have to search for them. A visitor to the
web-site does not have to search for the 64bit version. Why are you
discriminating against 32bit users?

    > I don't think that is a problem. Most people have 64bit hardware
    > and should use the 64bit version, so I think it makes sense to
    > have it as the default. Especially since some people don't know
    > what the difference between the two is and would just pick a
    > random one if there was no default.

That's your opinion - you have not given any evidence that "most people
have 64bit" machines.

--
Colin Baxter
m43cap@xxxxxxxxxx