Re: ATTN: for-profit Tor operators

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 02:45:04PM -0600, Mike Perry wrote:

> What is a possibility is if development could be devoted to making
> software work reliably on marketable devices. I've been looking for an
> excuse to hack on a Linksys for a while now. Not sure how much

There's a tor package for OpenWRT IIRC. Latest Sveasoft Talisman
also supports packages (it would be trivial to convert an OpenWRT
package to a Talisman package).

Notice that both firmwares support IPv6 (via 6to4 or SixXS)
which makes for more security by obscurity.

> interest there would be in such a device, but if they could be
> purchased wholesale and sold for little more than retail price, people
> might buy one. Could be an easy way to torify an apartment, house, or
> small office. Not sure if Linksys would get its panties in a bundle
> or not though, either. IMO, they should love it. But who knows,
> corporations are strange beasts.

It's not that they can do a lot about it.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>