Re: ATTN: for-profit Tor operators

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 11:17:00AM +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> The idea is to offer paying customers access with a guaranteed
> minimal latency and throughput, so you should be able to operate
> a *nix server on a symmetric connection ~1 MByte/s (that's 10 MBit/s)
> or better.

Hi Eugen,

Looks like a fun experiment. Let us know how it goes.

Remember that your users will get less security than with the main Tor
network, since Tor's security is all about the diversity and dispersal
of the network and operators.

We've been thinking a lot lately about how to fund Tor development,
since EFF ran out of money for us last month.

So, we wish you luck. And if you find that you have a financial interest
in continuing Tor development, keep in mind that the Tor developers can
do that better than anybody. :)

--Roger