[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: A different solution for anonymous browsing !
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: A different solution for anonymous browsing !
- From: Taka Khumbartha <scarreigns@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:09:57 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:08:09 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:organization:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=C03uEQcqGGQv9M00OLLwF3IFNdWZFH/yF9WVXAfyP8aZEEoarp1z8PL/9uMr238q2WOluPmtV9n6fp6owGTHC+76X9laE+wmBZDSHNK/TsGTsFQEUhcESUUbuhnB1SE373qppNKVP13LnQh+Sbk1+ri8zjZ/dJMPLMHAHYkrvCg=
- In-reply-to: <455C4B7B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Scar Reigns, Inc.
- References: <455C4B7B.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
gabrix @ 2006/11/16 04:28:
> I invite everyone , who is trying , tryed or is actually applying a
> chain of proxies for browsing,like manies one after the other , or
> unusual proxies configurations for anonymous browsing different from
> the usual tor/privoxy duo,socat,anonweb,polipo,squid,wwwoffle, to let me
> know .... thanks !
i'm not sure why you are wanting to do this. but, if you are trying to be "more anonymous", then this is not the right approach. here's why:
as i have been told (and please correct me if i'm mistaken!), basically, every OS-browser-proxy(-et.al.) combination is going to leave behind a unique footprint that can be tracked by a skilled adversary. the more complicated you make your chain of proxies, the more unique footprint it will leave. in this respect it is best to stick with a configuration more people use, hence anonymity. good luck.
on the other paw, if you are doing such a thing so you can research these unique footprints and compile a database of sorts, please share your results! the more we know, the better each application can be tuned so as to minimize and converge such unique footprints.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----