Re: Blocked by Websense

> Earlier today I was trying to use Tor from my local library's network,
> which uses an HTTP proxy with Websense enabled. It seems Tor is
> blocked by Websense with the reason: "proxy avoidance".

John,

As Roger implied, working around your network's restrictions is
counter-productive in the long term.  The library's admins will see
tor users as a bunch of trouble-makers who try to hide from them.

I would like to suggest that you should go speak with the admins, and
explain what tor is about, that using tor is perfectly legitimate,
nothing personal against them, and doesn't create any new security
issues for their network.

Even if they refuse to un-block tor, they'll most likely be taking
a more friendly view of your further attempts to avoid their restrictions.

                                        Juliusz