Re: court trial against me - the outcome

Il 14/11/2007 15:22, Mirko Thiesen ha scritto:

> In June the local police informed me about preliminary proceedings against
> me by asking me (by mail) to "visit" them. The letter mentioned computer
> fraud (actually it was "Computerbetrug in Tateinheit mit Faelschung
> beweiserheblicher Daten gemaess Paragrafen 263a, 269, 52 StGB"),

There is a similar "Invitation Card" in Italy, except that they do not
mention the crime which is investigated. It is delivered if you may be
of interest to the investigation, but you are not formally charged of a
crime.

The oucome of the talk at the police office is a signed declaration,
which the judge in charge of preliminar investigation will use to
further or close the case.

You have no obligations to respond.

> but since I
> hadn't done anything I followed the general advice in such situations: You
> have the right to remain silent. Use it. So I decided not to go to the
> police - if you haven't done anything and you don't even have a clue what
> they are talking about, it usually can only get worse. Apart from that, the
> day they wanted me to come I was not even in town.

I am not a lawyer, but in Italy it would be a good idea to go and
explain what Tor is to the  police: this signed declaration would be
read by judge, who may write your name off even before starting the suit.

Remember, this is not legal advice.

Jan