Teaching about Tor in Germany

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 09:22:09PM +0100, TOR Admin (gpfTOR1) wrote:
>  Try to contact the following organizations:
>
>   - AK Vorratsdatenspeicherung (data retention free contact form ;-) at
>     http://www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de/content/view/70/82/lang,de/ )
>
>   - German Privacy Foundation e.V i.Gr. (data rentention free contact
>     form at http://www.privacyfoundation.de/index.php?id=36 )
>
>   - Humanistische Union e.V. (They have lawyers by training and they are
>     interested in TOR.)
>
>   - Chaos Computer Club,
>   - Heise Verlag, try to contact the journalist H. Bleich

Hi folks,

I'm going to be in Berlin (and probably Stuttgart) the first week of
January, after 24C3. I'd really like to meet with some German law
enforcement, judges, lawyers, or other people who are likely to be
involved in future Tor cases and could benefit from understanding more
about Tor. If you know a person or group who fits this description,
please take a moment to introduce them to me.

I've had several productive talks with FBI officers around the US and with
Norwegian law enforcement, but apart from some helpful people at BSI,
I haven't ever talked to the more traditional German law enforcement
groups. My goal wouldn't be to advocate for any particular laws or
policies (that's up to them, after all), but rather to help give them
background so they can make more informed decisions: explain who uses
Tor and how it works, and try to answer any questions that come up.

Please feel free to forward this to anybody who can help -- I'd rather
learn about too many people than too few, since I travel to Germany
periodically and I can aim to fit them all in over time..

Thanks!
--Roger