Re: Limiting hops

* on the Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 01:05:27PM -0800, Marc Erickson wrote:

> I use Tor on my laptop to encrypt wireless packets when connecting to an
> unsecured wireless network.  Is there a way to limit the number of hops the
> packets take through the servers so that I can better the speed?  I only
> need one hop.  I'm running Windows XP.

By using Tor for that purpose, all you're doing is making it so people
running Exit Tor nodes can sniff your traffic, rather than people watching
the unsecured wireless network.

I wouldn't automatically assume that reduces your chance of having your
traffic sniffed. It might even increase the chance of that occuring.

--
Erilenz