[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hidden service route
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Hidden service route
- From: Erilenz <erilenz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:10:48 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:11:07 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject :mime-version:content-type:content-disposition:message-id; bh=1VGokduBnxH7V7RfTfNxKL7bDs2fXBRGxBUgvHHpMVk=; b=RcWHV1xsNZPifkum8P70GG18YDAHsqVKog+Jwd1LtyZvOFuibZUn0j8r4eWFfRI+xq dRsYY5otQd/B5v1hoKNn93v3emkGMgc+acoMuD2IDAvCP9vyBxhrp6+Sd9ZqUdAuFhPg /EuCbnfX2/ZJZc7QUnH27OKNeZeJLVrRLaTEc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-disposition :message-id; b=ipCysSb1/d/nILqe3XbQ+bDIywPVPrFLoQg8oHf2KiBx8RzBW64CvJgJv5I9im8DoP 9UkEIH4H8KPZRqvVLJ0qTy/7U9ZB9lTGrgg01SkBSD/+vzjvdIfk7QZKaMeEB5pqc5c8 IxO3z2vRe8MMm0K35aFZIcdGnlnmDPKTWnMIw=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
* on the Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 05:50:08PM +0100, Karsten Loesing wrote:
>> If I connect to a Tor hidden service am I right in thinking it goes like:
>> Web browser -> Tor client -> Entry Node -> Middle Node -> Hidden Service
> No, that's not how it works. There are 6 nodes between you and the
> hidden service, three chosen by the hidden service, three chosen by you.
> See https://www.torproject.org/hidden-services for a description of the
> hidden service protocol.
Ah, I got that quite wrong. Now I understand, "rendevouz," and why hidden
services through Tor are so much slower than normal services. Thanks.