[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problems with irc because of tor?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Problems with irc because of tor?
- From: "Alexander W. Janssen" <alexander.janssen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:12:42 +0100
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:13:02 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from :user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to :x-enigmail-version:openpgp:content-type; bh=pw8gZJDIua9Vs0pryIfnZEjX1E0xUVC3RNOJvAm+3Ew=; b=l1FEEm7kQZwLaC7sb+sxEZpfEbd1mqPzOmFg43pPMlmRC/Irf0HeIPiWbfYWxlADKG jI2f7NsZuZgV6hPMGEoO/XdlJbC4pEHSsMFV40L0YYjPmZF1G7I/WS8/vktxPy0ZMdaY LbAUq+0nn+rKY7ft586KOlOEesH7+F5UYRQP0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:x-enigmail-version:openpgp:content-type; b=riJlXt6spzuyanMVhNwwgtyDyn7SPcdXiTkiapleMZCsGc5NZQ0xeXlvKlhZVw3pFa QXj01vw847qbY38d5bgcgh8xPsjDi7gtKv4tk1qu/9X5xvV2wcLAUblhAbYIHRAepNwk b97MPITOO8BETTr9yil6+BdCvpvgrX2D4W8tc=
- In-reply-to: <835603741@xxxxxx>
- Openpgp: id=90DEE171
- References: <835603741@xxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20080723)
Sebastian Hahn wrote:
>> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: "Praedor Atrebates"
>> <praedor@xxxxxxxxx> Gesendet: 20.11.08 21:10:08 An:
>> or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Betreff: Problems with irc because of tor?
>> Why does running tor suddenly cause me to be unable to connect to
>> freenode? I am NOT running a torified irc client. Also, where's
>> the address 127.0.0.1 coming from? Why is my REAL IP address now
>> invisible (apparently) and tor causing sites to think I am trying
>> to use the <illegal> localhost IP?
> Unfortunately, some service providers choose to not accept Tor users
> as part of their userbase and block connections from exit nodes.
That wasn't the question, he was wondering why he was using Tor at all
though he told his client not to use it.
Praedor: Sure you don't use a proxy in your IRC-client? Also, check - if
you're using some flavour of UNIX - if you have some variable like
Description: OpenPGP digital signature