Re: Problems with irc because of tor?

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 22:39 +0100, Alexander W. Janssen wrote:
> Robert Hogan wrote:
> > Do you run a server yourself? If so, your real IP may be on the irc
> > server's 'tor blocklist'.
>
> I don't think so, Freenode wouldn't send the error-message with
> 127.0.0.1 then, but with his public IP-address.
>
> Alex.

No, speaking from experience freenode sends 127.0.0.1 if you're on their
blacklist, torified or no. They're also very slow to update; I've not
been running my exit for some time, but for a long time I was still
forced to use the hidden service. I'd probably still be banned if I
hadn't had to reboot my router.