Re: [tor-talk] torsocks is broken and unmaintained

Hi,

Matthew Finkel wrote (03 Nov 2012 03:10:53 GMT) :
> On 11/02/2012 07:36 PM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

>> If Robert wants someone to maintain it, I'd be happy to do so.

> I saw this thread earlier but didn't have a chance to reply. I was
> thinking about volunteering to patch it up and maintain it if no one
> else wanted to take it on, also, but if you want to take the lead on
> it then I'm more than happy to help you where ever
> possible...assuming this is the direction that's decided upon.

With my "maintainer of torsocks in Debian" hat on, I must say I am
very pleased to see two people volunteering to maintain it upstream.
Thank you, Jacob and Matthew!

I'd love someone to take care of the bunch of bugs that have been
waiting for a while in torsocks bug tracker, and I'd love to decrease
the amount of patches I'm carrying in the Debian package!

I guess next step is to talk to Robert, and perhaps put a 1.2.1 bugfix
release out, that would include some long-standing proposed fixes, and
prove the world that upstream is alive and kicking again.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri