Re: [tor-talk] Unsigned Mac OS X binary for TorBrowser

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 06:05:58PM -0500, Matthew Fisch wrote:
> TorProject should be registered as an Apple software developer, and the
>binary should be signed, both to increase credibility of the torproject
>and the safety of users.

I agree with you about the 'safety of users' side. But I'm not so clear
on the 'credibility' side. Last I checked, to become an official Apple
developer, they required you to sign an NDA *in order to see the agreement
they would then ask you to sign*.

We at Tor aren't big on signing blanket broad NDAs with large
corporations, so you can see why we'd be hesitating (to put it nicely). I
imagine we're not the only ones.

--Roger