[tor-talk] Appropriate methods of estimating daily tor users through your server?

Hey guys,

I noticed my guard/exit nodes seemed to be pushing much more traffic
than usual during the first week of November.  Happy as that made me
(though it returned to the mean shortly thereafter), it got me to
thinking -- does anyone know of an appropriate method for estimating a
(rough) number of how many users per day make use of your node?

The only thing I can think of is extrapolating tor-arm's client locale
usage summary when you have a guard flag (you know, the stat screen that
shows number of connections by country-of-origin).  Then I realized I
don't know how reliable that would be, as tor is supposed to change
routes every (correct me if I'm wrong) 15 minutes by default -- and I
thought guard nodes were changed less frequently (or was it re-used more
frequently)-- which sort of confounds my ability to estimate based on
15-minute-periods-per-day.

Has anybody looked at this before and come up with a good method?

Thanks!