Re: [tor-talk] Am I running an exit node?

On 11/10/2013 06:46 PM, Leon Johnson wrote:
> If you don't want to run as an exit node, your torrc file is correctly
> configured. You can always check one of the TorStatus websites:
> http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/ (usually updated after an hour or so). Do a
> search for your IP or Nickname. In your case, you should *not* see an image
> of a small door.
>

> On a side note, have you considered running as a bridge?
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#RelayOrBridge

Thank you for the feedback! Good to know I'm configured the right way
and not exposing myself as an exit node.

On the topic of running as a bridge, I considered that. The reason I
didn't go with it was because of my (perceived?) limitation to the time
bridges are useful. Once a blocking authority finds out your bridges
address, it's blocked and that's that. However, I'm not opposed to
running a bridge. Are they more needed or useful than inter-network relays?

Anthony