Re: [tor-talk] USB Sticks for TAILS

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 05:36:41PM +0100, moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 1.0K bytes in 0 lines about:
: That is correct. I did not intend to put Tails on the sticks myself,
: just give them away as is. It's a nice idea especially for non-tech
: users, but I think the cons outweigh the pros.

I do this now. I work with various victims of abuse who already trust me,
so when I clone a Tails USB stick in front of them, they trust it's what
I say it is. I then walk them through creating a persistent drive using
their own password.

A few of these victims have told their advocates and victim's groups
about this Tails thing. I've been asked to make many more or if there
is some website where they can buy such a thing, made by me or people I
trust, on demand. Right now, people hand me USB drives, and I hand it
back with Tails. This is clearly not a way to do business--but I'm not
doing business, I'm doing a service for victims. There is clearly a
market of some size for a trusted supply chain which produces Tails USB
drives for customers.

Right now, I am the dealer handing out sticks on dimly-lit street corners
in seedy parts of the city. Only the NSA and vice squad stalking me know
what I'm really doing.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact