Re: [tor-talk] "Safeplug"

* on the Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 06:17:24PM +0000, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

>> You shouldn't just route people through Tor without their knowledge.
>> They need to understand the risks and adapt their use accordingly.
>
> And what is the risk of barebacking with a network?

When your traffic comes out of a Tor exit node, there is a significantly
increased risk of passive and active MITM attacks against you, and also
increased risk of being locked out of your accounts.

> Why should I let traffic trace back to my network?
>
> Does that user gather my consent for every action that will be tied
> to me? No.

I did not say, "don't route people through Tor". I said, "don't route
people through Tor without their knowledge."

--
Mike Cardwell  https://grepular.com/     http://cardwellit.com/
OpenPGP Key    35BC AF1D 3AA2 1F84 3DC3  B0CF 70A5 F512 0018 461F