Re: [tor-talk] StrictExitNodes deprecated?

On 11/23/2013 3:04 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
On 11/23/2013 2:16 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 07:42:23AM +0200, Sherief Alaa wrote:
I just see the options StrictExitNodes and StrictEntryNodes is deprecated?
The correct syntax is:

EntryNodes {node, node, ...}
StrictNodes 0 or 1 #0 for disabled
No, you should not use StrictNodes with EntryNodes or ExitNodes. It
won't do anything (except confuse you I guess).

Note: it's recommend to leave Tor handle your path selection
automatically rather than specifying one yourself as it can greatly harm
your anonymity.
This is likely still true.
What about when using TBB is desired, but sites (say web mail) won't
accept addresses from countries other than used to sign up?
At least not w/o headaches - at times.  Just one example.  How can this
be handled - or can it?
Anyone?