Re: [tor-talk] "Safeplug"

On 22 Nov 2013, at 15:56, andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:04:00PM +0600, rm@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.5K bytes in 0 lines about:
> : > On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 04:50:44PM +0600, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> : > > https://pogoplug.com/safeplug
>
> Out of all the concerns about how they implemented it and such, my
> main concern is that it just adds more clients to the network without
> giving back in the form of relays or bridges. Or at least, none of
> their documentation mentions the ability to share freedom and privacy
> with others.

Not telling the Tor people what to do, but that sounds like a good discussion to have with Safeplug?

> However, this looks like a fine test case for consumer-level torouter
> market analysis. It would be great to learn 6 months from now how many
> they sold and a summary of customer feedback.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about it.

If anyone does hear about a non-technical user purchasing one of these, I would appreciate if you could put them in touch with me.

I’d like to do some user interviews to see their reactions and their experiences.

Thanks,
Bernard

Bernard / bluboxthief / ei8fdb

IO91XM / Contact me: me.ei8fdb.org