Re: [tor-talk] Darknets/science vs. GPA/LEA/Law, and playing dirty pool

Notice, they have the 'alleged' owner/operator of SR2. Hidden services
don't need to have an exploit to fall to the GPA and 5-eyes. Now they
have the alleged owner/operator they need to procure his resources to
complete the final stages of indictment. We'll never hear about how
they did it because them implying there's some secret sauce is a fear
tactic to scare darknet operators away from Tor. The secret sauce is
really old-fashioned police work using the GPA and 5-eyes.

You didn't really think hidden services or Tor a perfect defense?
There is no defense against skillful application of the GPA. Good
thing too--keeps us from becoming complacent. Personally I'd say good
riddance. Darknets only contribute to fear mongering over the average
joe using Tor. It makes agencies waste time and effort investigating
innocent advocates of freedom and privacy. How's the presence of a
darknet running on Tor hidden services supposed to make me feel
anyway? That's your freedom being used to poison kids and evade
punishment.

It's not correct to think of this as Darknets/science vs. GPA/LEA/Law,
more like darknets vs. science. Science won.

--leeroy bearr

On 11/8/2014 at 3:14 AM, "grarpamp"  wrote:> A writes:
> GPA = Government Procurement Agreement ? Asking so I can understand
your
post.

Global Passive Adversary, Surveillers, Wiretappers, Data Miners.
To be taken in context of anonymity networks.