Re: [tor-talk] [tor-announce] Tor Browser 7.0.9 is released

On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 08:47:51PM +0100, Nicolas Vigier wrote:
> Note: Tor Browser 7.0.9 is a security bugfix release for macOS and
> Linux users only. Users on Windows are not affected and stay on Tor
> Browser 7.0.8.
>[...]
> The bug got reported to us on Thursday, October 26, by Filippo Cavallarin.

Thanks again to Filippo Cavallarin for reporting this one to us!

I know that security researchers have a choice about where they can send
their bug reports, and some of the huge evil corporations pay pretty
well, so we should all applaud "We Are Segment" for choosing the path
that makes the world a safer place, rather than a less safe place.

Here is a link to their page about it:
https://www.wearesegment.com/research/tormoil-torbrowser-unspecified-critical-security-vulnerability/

--Roger