[tor-talk] TBB as main browser: persistent logins to trusted sites?

Dear Tor community,

I'm exploring using TBB as my main browser.

However, there's one thing that I'd like to find a solution to - namely being able to use "New Identity" while having a white list of domains where "New Identity" would not erase cookies.

In other words, I'd like to be able to look like a new user to 99,99% of the Internet, while still retain session cookies of 3-5 trusted domains.

I've noticed that there's a Cookie Protections dialog if the "private" browsing mode is disabled (yeah, I know it's risky to change that - but I'm just researching options), and within it one can clear all cookies except "protected" ones - that seemed to be quite close to what I'd need.

However, I have noticed that if "private" browsing mode is disabled, "New Identity" doesn't actually clear any cookies anymore. It seems to depend on "private" browsing mode being enabled in TBB to clear cookies.

So, do you use TBB as your main browser, and if so, what approach(es) do you take regarding "trusted" sites? Do you relogin each time you do a New Identity?

best,
theresa.