[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.4.2.4-rc is released
There's a new Tor release candidate! Because it's a release candidate,
we'd really like to know about any remaining bugs in it, so we can try
to fix them before calling the series stable. As usual you can report
bugs on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place at
https://www.torproject.org/download/tor/; if you build Tor from
source, why not give it a try? And if you don't build Tor from source,
packages should be ready over the coming days, with a Tor Browser
alpha release likely by December 3.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.4.2.4-rc - 2019-11-15
Tor 0.4.2.4-rc is the first release candidate in its series. It fixes
several bugs from earlier versions, including a few that would result in
stack traces or incorrect behavior.
o Minor features (build system):
- Make pkg-config use --prefix when cross-compiling, if
PKG_CONFIG_PATH is not set. Closes ticket 32191.
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the November 6 2019 Maxmind GeoLite2
Country database. Closes ticket 32440.
o Minor bugfixes (client, onion service v3):
- Fix a BUG() assertion that occurs within a very small race window
between when a client intro circuit opens and when its descriptor
gets cleaned up from the cache. The circuit is now closed early,
which will trigger a re-fetch of the descriptor and continue the
connection. Fixes bug 28970; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (code quality):
- Fix "make check-includes" so it runs correctly on out-of-tree
builds. Fixes bug 31335; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (configuration):
- Log the option name when skipping an obsolete option. Fixes bug
32295; bugfix on 0.4.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (crash):
- When running Tor with an option like --verify-config or
--dump-config that does not start the event loop, avoid crashing
if we try to exit early because of an error. Fixes bug 32407;
bugfix on 0.3.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (directory):
- When checking if a directory connection is anonymous, test if the
circuit was marked for close before looking at its channel. This
avoids a BUG() stacktrace if the circuit was previously closed.
Fixes bug 31958; bugfix on 0.4.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (shellcheck):
- Fix minor shellcheck errors in the git-*.sh scripts. Fixes bug
32402; bugfix on 0.4.2.1-alpha.
- Start checking most scripts for shellcheck errors again. Fixes bug
32402; bugfix on 0.4.2.1-alpha.
o Testing (continuous integration):
- Use Ubuntu Bionic images for our Travis CI builds, so we can get a
recent version of coccinelle. But leave chutney on Ubuntu Trusty,
until we can fix some Bionic permissions issues (see ticket
32240). Related to ticket 31919.
- Install the mingw OpenSSL package in Appveyor. This makes sure
that the OpenSSL headers and libraries match in Tor's Appveyor
builds. (This bug was triggered by an Appveyor image update.)
Fixes bug 32449; bugfix on 0.3.5.6-rc.
- In Travis, use Xcode 11.2 on macOS 10.14. Closes ticket 32241.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to