Re: [tor-talk] Brave Review Mentions Tor

On 11/15/2019 11:57 AM, Drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> A few-days-old review.
>
> Since Brave is the browser for OnionBrowser on iOS, I figured I’d read the article.
>
> https://www.pcworld.com/article/3453376/brave-10-review-this-excellent-privacy-focused-browser-can-make-you-money-too.html
>> Not only can you open a private window, but you can open an even deeper level of privacy and use the Tor onion-routing network as well.

Why the bloody hell does OnionBrowser on iOS not just use Firefox?

I wonder how Brave and Tor browser compare re anonymity, privacy and
security. It seems unlikely that Brave would do a better job.

Also, the idea of running clearnet and Tor-mediated tabs in the same
browser is pretty iffy. I mean, I don't even risk doing that in the same
VM. And indeed, using Whonix, there is no clearnet connectivity.

<snip>