Re: [tor-talk] >600 Tor relays without ContactInfo and similar properties

On 26.10.2020 00:54, nusenu wrote:

These 600 (and other) are easy to block in torrc:
ExcludeNodes Unnamed,default,ididnteditheconfig

tor's man page disagrees:
       ExcludeNodes node,node,...
           A list of identity fingerprints, country codes, and address
           patterns of nodes to avoid when building a circuit.

You're right. I read that in Jens Kubieziel's German blog. (very old pages) Nicknames were allowed earlier? Country codes are too error-prone. My exits are in Luxembourg. Tor Metrics shows it wrong in the US. :-(
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/family:6D6EC2A2E2ED8BFF2D4834F8D669D82FC2A9FA8D
376DC7CAD597D3A4CBB651999CFAD0E77DC9AE8C
5D84900DBE6D6365684A9675B81A68ACE9577A68

Banning nicknames in ExcludeNodes is than a missing feature by me.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!