RE: Broadband Reports: Tor Network Bogged Down by P2P

Well, that explains the DCMA letter I got via Cox on October 4th.  I had
assumed that one of my kids was seeding, but it was for HBO's Rome, and we
have HBO and the episode is on our DVR - apparently lawyers are aware of the
alternate ports being used also (I use the default exit policy, and the
letter doesn't specify the port, just the protocol).

Cox Communications, Inc.
1400 Lake Hearn Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA  30319  US

RE:  Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Television Program Entitl=
ed
     Rome

Dear DMCA Agent:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Home Box Office, Inc. ("HBO").

We have received information that an individual has utilized the above-refe=
renced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrigh=
ted television program(s) through a "peer-to-peer" service, including such =
title(s) as:

     Rome

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs =
constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United=
 States Code Section 106(3). =20

Since you own this IP address, we request that you immediately do the follo=
wing:

1) Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct describe=
d above; and
2) Take appropriate action against the account holder (if other than the in=
dividual whose access has been disabled) under your Abuse Policy/Terms of S=
ervice Agreement.

On behalf of HBO, owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted material=
 at issue in this notice, we hereby state, that we have a good faith belief=
 that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by =
HBO, its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the Stat=
e of New York and under the laws of the United States, that the information=
 in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on beha=
lf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in thi=
s notification.

Please direct any end user queries to the following address:

Steve Rosenthal
Legal Department
Home Box Office, Inc.
1100 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY  10036
212.512.1780 =E2=80=93 phone
212.512.5854 =E2=80=93 fax
infringements@xxxxxxx =E2=80=93 email

Kindly include the Case ID 93923784, also noted above, in the subject line =
of all future correspondence regarding this matter.

We appreciate your assistance and thank you for your cooperation in this ma=
tter. Your prompt response is requested.

Respectfully,

Mark Weaver,
Director of Enforcement
MediaSentry, Inc.

------------------------------
Infringement Detail:
Infringing Work: Rome
Filepath: Rome.S01E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[eztv].torrent
Filename: Rome.S01E06.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi
First Found: 3 Oct 2005 14:52:40 EDT (GMT -0400)
Last Found: 3 Oct 2005 14:52:40 EDT (GMT -0400)
Filesize: 359,196k
IP Address: xx.xx.xx.xx
Network: BTPeers
Protocol: BitTorrent