Re: Broadband Reports: Tor Network Bogged Down by P2P

dvorak wrote:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 05:53:13AM -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, jed c wrote:

Well, tor allows you to block exit traffic. Is there also a way to block *transit* traffic?

-Dan

As other's have responded, no not directly however a middle node knows which
data belongs together so it could start throtteling after a certain amount of
data has passed through a circuit. I don't know in how far this would impact
'normal' usage (ssh/irc/webserving) since they also use a circuit for a while,
however the circuit rotation that tor does automagically might mitigate this to
and extend.

Is there anyone who happens to have data on hoch much data goes through circuit
in it's lifetime (assuming webserving, and normal rotation schedule etc)?

gtx, dvorak

I think this idea is the most suitable route to follow on the matter.