Re: Tor not working

I've restarted Tor several times, even restarted my system, and I still get the 503 error, even though Terminal and Vidalia both say Tor is running. I'm on OS X PPC and Vidalia is a fat binary, but I stripped the Intel code from it, as I had before this all started happening.

The output of "ps auxwww | grep Tor" is this:

424   2.7  0.1    27376    424  p1  S+    7:43PM   0:00.01 grep Tor

I just tried launching Vidalia and going to the Tor menu to turn it "On" and tried Firefox again, and it worked. But this makes no sense, since I've never had have Vidalia running to use Tor when I was running 10.3.9.

Any idea what's up with that, and do I really have to launch Vidalia every time I want to use Tor?

Thanks,

--Spin Doctor