First results of analysis

Hi all,

i checked 1161 nodes in total.

269 of them where responsive exit-nodes, all behaving correctly.

9 exitnodes where responsive, but their had some proxy installed which didn't
behave quite correct when you accessed a webpage with the notation
original.url.$nodename.exit; the error-messages varied from
"could not resolve" (looks like a DNS-leak to me) over "502 Bad Gateway"
through "502 Proxy Error".

However, in my list of exit-nodes i couldn't find any host which showed the
described behaviour. My test-URL was http://www.linux-magazine.com/.

So there is still some space left for discussion: Did i miss the "bad" or
"banned" exitnode?

I tend to agree with Claude; at the moment it doesn't seem likely that we have
some sort of bad exitnodes in place.

However we probably should think if we should install some kind of early
warning system. I could imagine something like this: Every client checks once
per day some random website on the internet via, let's say, 10 random
exit-nodes and compares the results. If something is wrong the exitnode could
be signalled to a real human which could verify the claim.

How do you think about that?

Cheers, Alex.

--
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it