Re: tor bandwith ratio

Fabian Keil wrote:
gabrix <gabrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm sorry if recently my tor node argo666tor wasn't always up ... but
i'm sort of experimenting how much bandwith i have to allocate to the
tor network.My will is to give as much band as possible without slowing
down my connection.I'm trying with this 4 rules:

AccountingStart day 12:00
AccountingMax 600MB
#BandwidthRate 100 KB
#BandwidthBurst 200 KB

But i seriously don't know witch one is best considering i have a TIM
adsl flat!

Maybe using queues for prioritising empty ACKs would already
be good enough: http://www.benzedrine.cx/ackpri.html

It's PF and ALTQ specific, but the same can be done with other
packet filters.

Additionally you could give all Tor traffic a lower priority,
I think it would be a better solution than to set a hard bandwidth
limit in Tor, which most of the time would limit your server more
than necessary.

Fabian

I have this in my iptables script:
# TOR
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9090 -j MARK --set-mark 2
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9090 -j RETURN
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9091 -j MARK --set-mark 2
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 9091 -j RETURN
as 2 tor has a high priority,now is on 5 .
An another question is :if  i announce port 110  and redirect traffic to 9090 which port shall i consider as priority in the above iptables  ?

Silly question isn't ?