Re: Firefox IPv6 Anonymity bypass

Thus spake Arrakis (arrakistor@xxxxxxxxx):

> Greetings and welcome to 2006!
>
> Excerpt from "How To Create Torpark"

Heh, what's happened in 2007 then? Does this document still exist? A
couple of google searches fail to turn it up.

> Step 31. set as follows:
>     noscript.notify.hideDelay = 30
>     noscript.statusIcon = false
>     network.dns.disableIPv6 = true ; ipv6 addresses fail through tor.

Does this in fact block ipv6 if no DNS is involved and image links are
numerical only? I am living in the dark ages of ipv4. Can someone who
has ipv6 verify this for us? From reading:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.dns.disableIPv6

it looks like this setting is not enough by itself.

>     network.proxy.socks_remote_dns = true
>     browser.sessionstore.enabled = false
>     browser.sessionhistory.max_entries = 1
>     network.cookie.lifetime.days = 0
>     dom.storage.enabled = false
>     dom.max_script_run_time = 60 ;script running time
>     dom.max_chrome_script_run_time = 60;
>     network.proxy.failover_timeout = 0 ;always retry the proxy, never
> revert.
>     plugin.scan.plid.all = false ;Do not allow plugin scanning.
>     security.xpconnect.plugin.unrestricted = false; do not allow
> unlimited access to XPConnect

Do we know exactly what this does? It seems somewhat vague and
undocumented. Do we know any extensions it breaks?

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist