Re: Abuse complaint

Michael-

Yup, and I suspected that they would say something about that...but they didn't. The TWC representative just asked me to assure that the attack would not occur again. So perhaps ISPs are accepting the reality that customers will run "servers" on residential cable modem service?

-Matt

Michael Holstein wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to respond to these complaints? Is IP filtering the best (or only) option for addressing TWC's issues?

You do know that running a server of ANY kind on a residential connection is generally against the provider's terms of service, right?

Cheers,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University