Re: Geode: some more headaches for TorButton? :-P

It's really scary when a random website can request your physical location imo.. I really hope you can disable that shit in the new version of Firefox when they include it..

Tom

Marco Bonetti wrote:
Link bounced from /.: http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/10/introducing-geode/

Looks like the upcoming versions of firefox will ship the support for W3C
geolocation specification: what's better for a tor attacker to ask
directly to the browser where its user lives? ;-)
I'm quite confident there'll be a way to (easily?) disable this feature
but it's scaring stuff nevertheless.

ciao