Re: bad exit blacklisting

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Marek

2008/10/23 slush <slush@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

as far as I read Tor documentation, I cannot find mechanism, how can be exit node marked as "Bad exit". Is there any standardized mechanism for detecting bad exits and marking them in directory servers?

I found one man's activity on tor forum (http://xqz3u5drneuzhaeo.onion/users/badtornodes/index.html) as simple detector of corrupted nodes, but as I see, it is a little bit amateur (checking of static pages, manual checking of errors) and there is no integration with directory servers.

Im asking because Im working on automatic bad exit detection and Im interesting, how it can be automatically propagated for wide masses of tor users. Instead of "BadTorNodes page" author, im not paranoid with used algorithm and I can publish source codes (after confirmation on live data).

Bye,
Marek