Re: simple user question - someone please reply!

Hey,

Its not you that that the provider will log but the Exit node, as all
your traffic goes via the exit node. The provider (or mode
specifically the DNS server) will see it as a request by the exit
node, and will see that it doesnt exist, and will show the exit node
the search page.. and this is forwarded to you by the exit node).

So if the provider is logging information, it will log information
coming from the exit node. If you're using plain http (instead of
https) then the provider can possibly sniff any username passwords and
other data you may enter.

Anil