Re: Geo Tracing/Locate Tor Network

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 5:07 PM, jed c <n_o_t_here@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Better resolution would be cool. The only thought I have is about the security risk of leaking important information about the route you are taking.

Well, my first thought was just a map of the whole Tor network -- all
listed servers. Just write a script to create a KML file for Google
Earth -- no routes. Maybe bigger bubbles versus smaller bubbles for
bandwidth or number of nodes in a city.

I'm not looking to trace past the city level (there shouldn't be
reason to do so except for over-curiosity). As far as routes go, I
don't think I would want to try to integrate that into Tor at this
point, it's just more work than I want to bother with.

So my main question still is, where does Vidalia go for its list of IP
addresses?

-madjon

--
madjon@xxxxxxxxx