Re: AdvTor

andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 05:20:08PM +0100, my.green.lantern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote 2.3K bytes in 55 lines about:
: Well, well, well.... suddenly the problem fixes "itself"... after
: 20+ disconnects and 10+ "You are using a proxy which is changing
: your data... refusing connection.." over the past 3 days.

This would be a lot better if it came with logs, bug reports, and data.
It could also be the destination site having problems, or the exit relay
is overloaded, or sun flares.  The Internet is complex, narrowing down
the problem to Tor or not Tor is a first step.

I have no idea how to log (privoxy or tor??) these, maybe you could explain how its done, just in case they start happening again..

1. Connection Disconnected:

The browser has a little message "connection closed" on a white background (not a privoxy message).

When I watch the exits (using vidalia's "network map" ) that produce these messages (which are identical to those produced by chinese exits around 2005/6) I see circuit request which then sits there for about a minute, until eventually I get the message (above). Rarely the circuit itself sometimes dies but more often does not. If I ask for another url (e.g. msn.com etc) - this is immediately serviced correctly within a second or so.

2."You are using a proxy which is changing your data... refusing connection.."

This is a short html document, with a black background, a title in bold "WARNING..", and then the rest in standard font size.