[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Full bandwidth is not used.
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Full bandwidth is not used.
- From: Jon <torance.ca@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 08:42:21 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:42:27 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=cAZHjdMxxeuRqa+xs0TUL5Ym1PoEpKWLN9TPfw/GsMM=; b=xltmc1sWSpKtJKDXhX9A6HVUB7ri9+U2nrqn5lY6d2YXa+UffCSOex3c62BEkrqgym ZxIdKu5eJrZ3/PwODtl8yp7C2DDUL1uEVQqOO3nJrNPr+curlcI8HBrpq3ICdsiTUXxC PvCn7k4G8Hjd4A+08Nfk3LFGko+BnpHWvq4/c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=JsZmkcXMdEbCScluKr0VUtvS0kA+HYPL0peKupTAGcNkTIivqiNfLkvAnCb+JsQ8hq agdqmWIT3yckuMyqdrXUWICAxnWCwTlpBKh4/cnb+gJIYyAQOiOGKyOsSrCi7HUzouRe lDAx8H6Qws0GR+P8Psa5jD+MrWXl6xEAVWL7U=
- In-reply-to: <1286974062.3904.34.camel@mattotaupa>
- References: <1286974062.3904.34.camel@mattotaupa>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not sure, but mine goes up and down all the time. I am not on a
allocation or accounting like you, but I check several times a day
generally, but at least once a day the bandwidth usage is different
It may still be re-balancing, but I also notice that the mode nodes
that are running, the lower usage of bandwidth. The less nodes
running, my bandwidth has more usage. Just a thought.
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Paul Menzel
> Dear Tor folks,
> I am still seeing the same problem . In April it used the whole limit
> of 1 TB and hibernated after the limit was reached, but afterward it
> only came back to around 100 GB per month.
> Fast IT is not limiting the bandwidth in any way. I tested that. CPU and
> memory are not utilized completely either.
> Here is the output from arm.
> arm - anonymisierungsdienst (Linux...) Tor 0.2.1.26 (recommended)
> anonymisierungsdien - 0.0.0.0:9090, Dir Port: 80, Control Port (open): 9051
> cpu: 0.5% mem: 92 MB (13.0%) pid: 1186 uptime: 14-15:11:11
> fingerprint: B3EC1BF5D7F7D724BA634D91BE5D22D2D7A70160
> flags: Exit, Fast, Guard, Named, Running, Stable, Valid
> I only have
> AccountingMax 500 GB
> set in `/etc/tor/torrc`.
> So it must be a Tor problem. As you can see from the graphs the
> bandwidth usage goes up and down quite often. What might be the reason?
> Besides it is still below the available 100 Mbit/s.
> So does rebalancing still have problems as indicated in Andrew’s answer
>  http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Mar-2010/msg00010.html
>  http://www.atagar.com/arm/
>  http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Apr-2010/msg00140.html
To unsubscribe, send an e-mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
unsubscribe or-talk in the body. http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/