Re: Where does Tor get its relay lists from?

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 07:02:10 -0400
hikki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Every now and then, when you start Tor, it searchers for relays/descriptors.
> And I've heard that it does that every now and then while it tuns as well.
>
> Does it get this list from a few static IP addresses that never change,
> or does it pick randomly from thousands of IP addresses/dir lists out there?

https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/design-paper/tor-design.html#subsec:dirservers

In the current Tor network, the directory servers sign a âconsensusâ
listing and describing the currently known Tor relays, and most relays
serve copies of the consensus to their clients.

Robert Ransom