Re: [tor-talk] Getting of Tor Browser

On 04/10/11 04:46, David Carlson wrote:
> I believe that the main difference between the version of Firefox in the
> Tor Browser Bundle and the version that most people use is that that
> version is 'portable' in the sense that it does not need to be
> 'installed' to run.

AIUI the devs are of the opinion that continuing work on Torbutton (the
extension for vanilla Firefox) is a drain on resources and offers too
many opportunities for compromise, e.g. by browser fingerprinting. Ergo,
further development will be done directly on the browser code.

Perhaps one of them will be happy to elaborate further.

Julian

--
3072D/D2DE707D Julian Yon (2011 General Use) <pgp.2011@xxxxxx>