Re: [tor-talk] notice - newer ver available just after install latest TBB

On 10/13/2011 3:48 AM, Mike Perry wrote:
Thus spake Koh Choon Lin (2choonlin@xxxxxxxxx):

Hi

the same think happened for me...
after downloading the nwe version and running TBB

aurora come out with the same message of update...
Second that.
What URL are you guys being sent to on check.torproject.org? Have you
tried restarting Tor Browser in the past couple hours? You need to
restart to actually perform the versioncheck...
I think you misunderstood the later posts after OP - the REAL latest - latest TBB ver was downloaded & on FIRST start gave the notice an update was avail. I believe others said it's fixed now (thanks) - but w/ the orig details of problem, there shouldn't be any need to install a new ver & immediately RESTART it to stop false warnings. That makes no sense. It wasn't just that it DID a ver check on 1st start, but said a new ver was avail, when it wasn't.